Multiple reports contradict Moscow’s claim of partial drawdown; western leaders prepare for security conference in Munich this weekend
- Russia still building forces on Ukraine border, says top Nato official
- Ukraine accuses Russia of cyber-attack on banks and defence ministry
- Russians ridicule western media on ‘day of no invasion’
- Ukrainians mark day of unity against fears of a Russian invasion
- US and UK try to fend off Russian invasion by making intelligence public
The so-called “golden visas” offering fast-track residency in the UK for wealthy foreign investors are expected to be scrapped by the British government amid concerns over links between Russia and the UK and against the backdrop of mounting tensions, the BBC is reporting.
A government source confirmed reports of an announcement due next week on tier 1 investor visas, which offer residency to those spending at least £2m, the broadcaster says.
Armed forces of Ukraine have rudely violated the ceasefire regime, using heavy weapons, which, according to the Minsk agreements, should be withdrawn.”