Biden says US and allies have raised the costs on Russia over its aggression, as credit card giants Visa and Mastercard halt Russian business operations
- Russia-Ukraine war: what we know on day 11 of the Russian invasion
- Defiant Putin warns the west: your sanctions are akin to an act of war
- Evacuation of Mariupol postponed as Russia fails to respect ceasefire
- Visa and Mastercard will both suspend operations in Russia
- Ukraine claims footage shows them shooting down Russian helicopter
A representative of the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington has said 3,000 US volunteers responded to the Ukraine’s appeal for foreigners to join the “international legion” to help fight the war.
The official said the 3,000 volunteers answered the call in an interview with the Voice of America news service.